Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth

I mistakenly shut down Bluetooth and as a result can’t use keyboard and touch pad to control my iMac….I’m lost

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 5:36 AM

Hi alvinep.

Plug your keyboard charging cable into one of the USB or Thunderbolt ports on the back of the iMac, the keyboard will then connect direct to the Mac and you can enter text again.

After you make the cable connection you can navigate to the Bluetooth symbol on the menu bar and switch Bluetooth back on.

Once you disconnect the charging cable from the keyboard Bluetooth will reconnect to your keyboard after you make a single key press, there may be a delay of a few seconds for the link to reestablish.

HTH

Will.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 5:36 AM in response to alvinep

Hi alvinep.

Plug your keyboard charging cable into one of the USB or Thunderbolt ports on the back of the iMac, the keyboard will then connect direct to the Mac and you can enter text again.

After you make the cable connection you can navigate to the Bluetooth symbol on the menu bar and switch Bluetooth back on.

Once you disconnect the charging cable from the keyboard Bluetooth will reconnect to your keyboard after you make a single key press, there may be a delay of a few seconds for the link to reestablish.

HTH

Will.

Jan 7, 2022 8:03 AM in response to alvinep

P.S. alvinep

I see that you are running Catalina, on presumably an older iMac 21.5", if your Keyboard and Touch Pad are the earlier type that have removable batteries and can't be recharged by a direct USB or Thunderbolt cable between the keyboard and Mac then you will need to connect a standard wired qwerty keyboard and mouse to regain access to your Mac.

You can use any keyboard and mouse for this, you don't need a specific Mac version.

bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.