Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidental Shut off Bluetooth Icon on Imac

I have an 'old' wireless keyboard and wireless track pad. i accidentally shut off my Bluetooth on my Imac and now I can't get either track pad nor keyboard to work. Help!

iMac Pro

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2021 6:20 PM

You're going to need to borrow or buy a wired USB keyboard and mouse to correct this. (I'd buy in inexpensive set to keep handy for times like this.) You can even borrow a Windows keyboard and mouse.

Connect the USB devices and restart the Mac.

Re-enable Bluetooth by clicking the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. If the icon is not there, click System Preferences > Bluetooth and ensure that the box at the bottom of that window is check marked.

Proceed to reconnect your wireless devices. make sure they are charged and powered on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2021 6:20 PM in response to grdnctr

You're going to need to borrow or buy a wired USB keyboard and mouse to correct this. (I'd buy in inexpensive set to keep handy for times like this.) You can even borrow a Windows keyboard and mouse.

Connect the USB devices and restart the Mac.

Re-enable Bluetooth by clicking the Bluetooth icon in the menu bar. If the icon is not there, click System Preferences > Bluetooth and ensure that the box at the bottom of that window is check marked.

Proceed to reconnect your wireless devices. make sure they are charged and powered on.

Accidental Shut off Bluetooth Icon on Imac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.