Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

volume not working on MacBook Pro after using headphones

I cannot get volume to work on MacBook Pro after using headphone jack. When plug headphones back in, volume works fine again.

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 6:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 12:22 PM

Kath535 wrote:

Thank you for that. My MacBook Pro is a 2015 with MacOs Catalina version 10.15.7

I know in the past there was a mechanical issue with the switch inside the headphone jack— look in there for a red light(?)

You can try inserting / re-inserting the headphone jack with some intention in an effort to get the switch to release.

Otherwise make some changes in the Preferences pane:

>System Preferences>Sound and see if something gives there.

If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple ...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2022 12:22 PM in response to Kath535

Kath535 wrote:

Thank you for that. My MacBook Pro is a 2015 with MacOs Catalina version 10.15.7

I know in the past there was a mechanical issue with the switch inside the headphone jack— look in there for a red light(?)

You can try inserting / re-inserting the headphone jack with some intention in an effort to get the switch to release.

Otherwise make some changes in the Preferences pane:

>System Preferences>Sound and see if something gives there.

If the internal speakers on your Mac aren't working - Apple ...

Jan 7, 2022 8:53 AM in response to Kath535

Kath535 wrote:

I cannot get volume to work on MacBook Pro after using headphone jack. When plug headphones back in, volume works fine again.

You can help yourself by stating what exact Mac is this....(?)

There are over 52 models of MBP released since January 2006—as you can imagine they are not all the same.

About System Information on your Mac - Apple Support

volume not working on MacBook Pro after using headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.