Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off REPEAT on my entire iPod Touch, 6th Generation, at once?

We know how to turn Repeat off for individual songs in iPod Touch. How do we set the entire iPod Touch to NOT repeat songs and albums?

• Albums play nicely, first to last song, but then automatically go back to the first song and repeat.
  • Individual songs not on albums always repeat, unless we turn repeat off for that song. (But we have thousands of individual songs...)

Thanks for helping.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 9:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 6:38 AM

I think you may have misunderstood the controls, because you do not have to turn off repeat for every individual song.

Once you are on the Now Playing screen, drag the screen upwards to see the additional player controls, such as Shuffle and Repeat.

The Repeat function does have three separate options and each tap of the Repeat button cycles through the options as follows:

• Off - Repeat is off. Once the last of the current list of songs plays, the player will stop. The Repeat icon looks light grey, with red text, as shown in the screenshot below:

• Repeat - Repeat is on. Once the last of the current list of songs plays, the player will start again from the first song in the list and keep going until you stop the player or turn off the Repeat function. The Repeat icon looks red, with white text, as shown in the screenshot below:

• Repeat 1 - Repeat the same song is on. When the current song finishes, the player plays the song again. This will keep going until you stop the player. There is a very subtle difference in the Repeat icon now. It's still red, with white text, but notice the very small 1 in the arrows of the icon itself, as shown in the screenshot below:

• Off - Repeat is turned off

If you turn on Repeat while playing an album, but then navigate to a song and start that playing instead, the Repeat function will still be on. If you tap the Repeat button just once, it turns the Repeat 1 function on, which will cause the selected song will play again and again.

To summarise, to turn of the Repeat function, you need to tap the Repeat button twice, not just once.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 6:38 AM in response to Mareski

I think you may have misunderstood the controls, because you do not have to turn off repeat for every individual song.

Once you are on the Now Playing screen, drag the screen upwards to see the additional player controls, such as Shuffle and Repeat.

The Repeat function does have three separate options and each tap of the Repeat button cycles through the options as follows:

• Off - Repeat is off. Once the last of the current list of songs plays, the player will stop. The Repeat icon looks light grey, with red text, as shown in the screenshot below:

• Repeat - Repeat is on. Once the last of the current list of songs plays, the player will start again from the first song in the list and keep going until you stop the player or turn off the Repeat function. The Repeat icon looks red, with white text, as shown in the screenshot below:

• Repeat 1 - Repeat the same song is on. When the current song finishes, the player plays the song again. This will keep going until you stop the player. There is a very subtle difference in the Repeat icon now. It's still red, with white text, but notice the very small 1 in the arrows of the icon itself, as shown in the screenshot below:

• Off - Repeat is turned off

If you turn on Repeat while playing an album, but then navigate to a song and start that playing instead, the Repeat function will still be on. If you tap the Repeat button just once, it turns the Repeat 1 function on, which will cause the selected song will play again and again.

To summarise, to turn of the Repeat function, you need to tap the Repeat button twice, not just once.

How do I turn off REPEAT on my entire iPod Touch, 6th Generation, at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.