Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My picture shows on my wife's text messages

We keep changing my wife's picture on her IPhone and I{AD but the system somehow keeps changing it back to mine on texts.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 9:56 AM

I written about my wife's picture showing on my messages and vice versa. Received a number of helpful hints but found the solution from a user's post. The problem turned out to be the settings for Siri. Somehow my phone showed her as the owner. That is apparently where the systems looked for the origin of the message. It then picked up my picture from my phone as hers, and sometimes her picture from her phone. Once I corrected that, we have had no more problems. Thanks to all.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 9:56 AM in response to MichelleT18

I written about my wife's picture showing on my messages and vice versa. Received a number of helpful hints but found the solution from a user's post. The problem turned out to be the settings for Siri. Somehow my phone showed her as the owner. That is apparently where the systems looked for the origin of the message. It then picked up my picture from my phone as hers, and sometimes her picture from her phone. Once I corrected that, we have had no more problems. Thanks to all.

Jan 8, 2022 12:05 PM in response to Wagon1955

Hello Wagon1955,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're experiencing an issue with your wife's photos reverting to a photo of you in the Messages app. We'd be happy to help take a closer look.

Are you sharing an Apple ID? If so, unexpected behavior like you've described could occur as a result:

Make sure that each family member has a unique Apple ID - Apple Support

If you do not share an Apple ID, where exactly do you see the photo? Is it the name and photo that's shared with others when using iMessage?

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know in more detail what's happening and we'll continue from there.

Take care.

My picture shows on my wife's text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.