Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch blocks life saving critical alerts

Hi there

I am first responder in my town and am alerted whenever there is a cardiac arrest.

Sadly these alerts now go to the Apple Watch instead of having my iPhone alerting me with a critical alert sound on full blast.

Please help me to restore this life saving feature.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 11:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:15 AM

I also find this frustrating.

I develop an app that send notifications of multiple priorities to the user and the highest priority notifications are delivered as critical alerts. Now we face a problem with critical alerts and Apple Watches, since user must choose to either receive all notifications to the watch and quite possibly miss important critical alerts or receive none being a major inconvenience.

For example, i really much want to receive low priority messages to my watch so that i notice immediately when someone is trying to reach me. But i also want that my phone start screaming (in my preset settings) when i receive high priority alert so i wont miss it even while im jogging. Not a second long beep on my wrist.

Is there really no possible way to disable ONLY critical alerts in watch for an app?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 5:15 AM in response to KMB_12

I also find this frustrating.

I develop an app that send notifications of multiple priorities to the user and the highest priority notifications are delivered as critical alerts. Now we face a problem with critical alerts and Apple Watches, since user must choose to either receive all notifications to the watch and quite possibly miss important critical alerts or receive none being a major inconvenience.

For example, i really much want to receive low priority messages to my watch so that i notice immediately when someone is trying to reach me. But i also want that my phone start screaming (in my preset settings) when i receive high priority alert so i wont miss it even while im jogging. Not a second long beep on my wrist.

Is there really no possible way to disable ONLY critical alerts in watch for an app?

Jan 8, 2022 1:31 PM in response to Achim1337

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Achim1337,

We see that you have a concern about not receiving notifications on your iPhone from a specific app. We'd be happy to provide you with some information that might help.

Take a look at the following resource that explains when notifications are sent to your iPhone verses your Apple Watch and vice versa.

Notifications on your Apple Watch

If your iPhone is locked and you have your Apple Watch on, the notifications will come to the Apple Watch. You might be able to change this setting in the Watch app for this specific app that you are referring to. You would check under "Notifications" on the Watch app.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Watch blocks life saving critical alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.