Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New feature request—Create a general haptic setting for Apple Watch and iPhone

My request is simple—all I want is to for the Notification Center on my Apple Watch to mirror the one on my iPhone, and then to decide in a general or overall setting which of my devices vibrates for all notifications, either my Apple Watch, my iPhone, or both. I want notifications to appear on my watch as they do my phone, and for only my phone to vibrate. Is there really no general or overall configuration for this?

As a first time user of Apple Watch, I was overwhelmed at all the customization options. All I really wanted to do was say “I want the notifications on my Apple Watch to look exactly like they do on my iPhone, but I don’t want my Apple Watch to vibrate at all—just my iPhone. I’m sure other users might have different preferences, and therefore I think a general setting for users to select at setup and anytime thereafter could be: “Which devices do you want to vibrate? Either your Apple Watch, your iPhone, or both?”

I know some people might point to the general haptics settings as the answer here, but before you do, here is a little more detail of what I’m saying:

I currently have haptics turned off for my Apple Watch under settings>sounds & haptics so my watch will not vibrate, but sends all my messages to the Notification Center.

With 3rd party apps, like WhatsApp, if I were to turn notifications on under “notifications” in the Apple Watch app, the notification will go to my Apple Watch, and it doesn’t vibrate because haptics are turned off, which makes sense, but then my phone also does not vibrate so I miss the message. If I turn notifications off for WhatsApp, then my phone WILL vibrate, but the message doesn’t show up on my Apple Watch at all.

So to paraphrase, what I’d really like is just for 2 basic, very simple things. I want to tell my Apple Watch to mirror the notification center on my iPhone, and tell my Apple Watch never to vibrate and my iPhone always to vibrate.

I have always loved Apple products because their setup has always been so fast, simple, and intuitive. The setup of the Apple Watch is overwhelming and falling short of my past experiences with new Apple products. Am I crazy in thinking so? Does anyone else have this same desire for simplicity?

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 5:53 PM

There is more complexity in doing what you want than you think. Tell Apple here -> Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 9, 2022 12:18 PM in response to deggie

I did submit feedback. From the user’s perspective, I disagree that there is more complexity. From a technical perspective, I’m sure that’s possible. Again, in my experience the ease of use and setup to one’s preferences is what Apple has always nailed. Here, I don’t think that’s the case. Can you elaborate on the complexity there?

New feature request—Create a general haptic setting for Apple Watch and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.