Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound cutting out when something is plugged into the charger port.

My iPhone 12 Pro has been acting up recently when something is plugged into the charger port.

When it is earbuds (apple brand) it refuses to play sound (whether videos or music) and will act very slow. However, the moment I pull them out it acts normal. Also, these earbuds work fine on other phones.

When plugged into the charger port, it will play videos and music but will cut out sound every 35 seconds for 2 seconds. I should mention the phone has no issues charging.

I’ve rebooted, shut down, uninstalled, cleaned out the port, everything trying to fix this. My best guess is that something was knocked out of place inside the phone causing a connection problem, as it doesn’t seem to be an issue with the accessories, apps, and is not fixed with simple restarting techniques.

Any advice on how to fix this problem?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 8:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 8:11 PM

Click on the Get Support link at the top right of this page to start the service process.

1 reply

Sound cutting out when something is plugged into the charger port.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.