Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MacBook is dead and won’t charge…. Anything I can do? Can’t check for updates or anything because won’t turn on

My MacBook is dead and won’t charge…

Posted on Jan 7, 2022 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 12:56 PM

Figured it out. There a way to reset the SBC(I think that’s what they call it…

hold shift/option/command and power button for 4 seconds then release at same time. Then press the power button to start up. Worked like a charm😎

forgot the website but it worked!

4 replies

Jan 8, 2022 12:16 AM in response to M-Rack

M-Rack Said:

"My MacBook is dead and won’t charge…. Anything I can do? Can’t check for updates or anything because won’t turn on

My MacBook is dead and won’t charge…I’ve tested the cable, outlet and charger. Even took the charger to apple store, it’s fine. Not sure what to do"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Power:

Refer to the following...

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

My MacBook is dead and won’t charge…. Anything I can do? Can’t check for updates or anything because won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.