Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem transfer photos to macbook

Hey, i have :

iphone x - version 15.1

macbook pro - bigSUR 11.5.2

i try to connect my iphone to teansfer photos, it appears like two small squares and not showing them on iphotos, same thing on image capture, anyone had this problem ? What to do?? Thanks !

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 3:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 5:40 AM

First off all update your iPhone to iOS 15.2 and macOS Big Sur to 11.6.2 , if you are logged in with the same iCloud account on your Mac and iPhone you don’t need to transfer your photos because it will automatically download to your Mac just make sure if your iCloud photos on photos app in your Mac is enable as in your iPhone, optimize iPhone storage and optimize Mac storage must be selected , in your Mac leave the photos app running in background, it takes tule that to all your photos gets downloads to the Mac

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 5:40 AM in response to Moooody89

First off all update your iPhone to iOS 15.2 and macOS Big Sur to 11.6.2 , if you are logged in with the same iCloud account on your Mac and iPhone you don’t need to transfer your photos because it will automatically download to your Mac just make sure if your iCloud photos on photos app in your Mac is enable as in your iPhone, optimize iPhone storage and optimize Mac storage must be selected , in your Mac leave the photos app running in background, it takes tule that to all your photos gets downloads to the Mac

problem transfer photos to macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.