Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download Keynote

I have Catalina version 10.15.7 and the App Store won't let it download.What do I need to do.I'm trying to resolve the same issue of apps not updating.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 12:25 PM

If you upgrade to Monterey, you will be able to directly download Pages/Numbers/Keynote versions 11.2 (presently) from the Mac App Store, and never bother with the Purchased panel.

5 replies

Jan 8, 2022 8:04 AM in response to wigmanite

Keynote v11.2 requires that you have macOS Big Sur or later installed. The last compatible version of Keynote for Catalina is v11.1. If you already have Keynote v11.1, then read no further as that is the last available version for Catalina. Otherwise…

Launch the Mac App Store signed in with the same Apple ID as you have used in the past to install Keynote. Press cmd+0 (zero) to open the Purchased panel, and click the Update button adjacent to Keynote. This will first present an obvious dialog. Accept that dialog (do not press Cancel), and a second dialog will then appear offering to install the last compatible version of Keynote for Catalina.

Jan 9, 2022 8:18 AM in response to VikingOSX

Keynote came with the purchase of the computer and does not show up in the App Store as a separate purchase. So there is nothing showing purchased. I was told on a separate thread to trash keynote and go to the App Store and download the correct version for Catalina. Now I do not have any version and I want to know how to restore or get back the version for Catalina.

Jan 9, 2022 8:30 AM in response to wigmanite

It used to be that when a new Mac from Apple arrived with preinstalled versions of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote, that one would have to first visit the Purchased panel that I mentioned and accept those installations by clicking on the application before using or updating it.

The removal of Keynote from your Mac should not have removed its presence in the Purchase panel of the Mac App Store, because there would be installation history on your Mac. Without Keynote's presence in the Mac App Store Purchased panel, you will have no means of obtaining it for Catalina because Apple does not provide downloadable full installers for past versions of it.

How to download Keynote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.