Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification required

Every time I want to download an app it asks me this

And when I put my password in it shows me my billing cards and I don’t understand anything about it I don’t know what it wants me to do but I just want to download an app I’m bored so please help

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 1:25 PM

Hi again.

My fault. They changed where to find this in a pretty recent iOS update. This should be the correct place to find it:

1. Open the "Settings app"
  2. Tap the first one at the top of the list, called "Your Name, Apple-ID, iCloud, medias and purchases" (with "Your Name" replaced with your actual name)
  3. Click the third option called "Payment and delivery"

Here you should be able to change your payment method, which is what is causing your verification problem. However, if you can't change it, it could be because a parent or administator in you iCloud family has set it so that it always uses their payment method. If that's the case, you'd have to ask them to turn off the setting that "forces" all family members to use their payment method.

Tell me how it goes and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

// Gustav

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2022 1:25 PM in response to MagdalenaRodriguez

Hi again.

My fault. They changed where to find this in a pretty recent iOS update. This should be the correct place to find it:

1. Open the "Settings app"
  2. Tap the first one at the top of the list, called "Your Name, Apple-ID, iCloud, medias and purchases" (with "Your Name" replaced with your actual name)
  3. Click the third option called "Payment and delivery"

Here you should be able to change your payment method, which is what is causing your verification problem. However, if you can't change it, it could be because a parent or administator in you iCloud family has set it so that it always uses their payment method. If that's the case, you'd have to ask them to turn off the setting that "forces" all family members to use their payment method.

Tell me how it goes and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

// Gustav

Jan 8, 2022 11:15 AM in response to MagdalenaRodriguez

Hello there!

This has a simple solution:

1. Open the "Settings" app on the iPhone or iPad
  2. Pick "iTunes & App Store" configurations, then tap the "Apple ID: your@email.com" button near the top of the settings
  3. Tap on "View Apple ID" and sign in to the Apple ID as normal
  4. Under 'Payment Method', choose "None" -- or, rather, update the payment procedure *
  5. Tap on "Done" when finished fixing your preferences
  6. Exit Settings, and return to the Appstore of iOS where you can freely download, install, and upgrade apps without visiting any "Verification Required" message

Let me know if this fixed it, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions, I'm glad I can help.

// Gustav

Verification required

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.