Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV internet Connectivity

Hi, I just got a new wifi router, which has a new username and password. All my other devices (phone, laptop, etc) have connected just fine, but I can't figure out how to connect my Apple TV device to my new wifi router. Any help? Thanks!

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 2:22 PM

Hello 32_Rex,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand wanting to update the Wi-Fi settings on your Apple TV, and we'd be happy to provide some guidance.

• Go to your device’s Settings menu and choose Network.
  • Select Configure Wireless.
  • Select your wireless network from the list.
  • If your WiFi network requires a password, a keyboard will be displayed. Enter the password with your Apple TV remote control and then select Done.
  • When your device is connected, you’ll receive a confirmation message. Select Done.

For more information, please check these helpful links:

Change network settings on Apple TV

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 2:22 PM in response to 32_Rex

Hello 32_Rex,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand wanting to update the Wi-Fi settings on your Apple TV, and we'd be happy to provide some guidance.

• Go to your device’s Settings menu and choose Network.
  • Select Configure Wireless.
  • Select your wireless network from the list.
  • If your WiFi network requires a password, a keyboard will be displayed. Enter the password with your Apple TV remote control and then select Done.
  • When your device is connected, you’ll receive a confirmation message. Select Done.

For more information, please check these helpful links:

Change network settings on Apple TV

If your Apple TV can't connect to Wi-Fi

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Apple TV internet Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.