Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wireless Carplay issues 22' tahoe inbound calls

Everything works great on carplay...but. When I am on the phone already, all working great - and the phone rings with another call, not only can the first call still hear me, but, I can no longer hear them...If I swap over they cant hear me, and, the only way to continue the call is to switch off of wireless car play back to the phone, back to the car play to have any sort of normal ness. I am running updated firmware and software on all devices.

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 2:47 PM

Thanks for reaching out, SELL_IN_BOSTON.

It sounds like you're having some difficulty with calls over CarPlay. We can help.

Let's go ahead and make sure we aren't missing anything and confirm all the steps in this article: Use CarPlay with your iPhone.

If everything checks out, your best bet would be to Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care!

Similar questions

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 2:47 PM in response to SELL_IN_BOSTON

Thanks for reaching out, SELL_IN_BOSTON.

It sounds like you're having some difficulty with calls over CarPlay. We can help.

Let's go ahead and make sure we aren't missing anything and confirm all the steps in this article: Use CarPlay with your iPhone.

If everything checks out, your best bet would be to Contact Apple for support and service.

Take care!

Mar 12, 2022 6:10 AM in response to SELL_IN_BOSTON

I have the same issue with my 2022 Yukon. If I am using wireless apple car play the incoming call immediately halts the first phone call. It requires me to manually switch the call to the iPhone, then back to the original call. It is a big safety issue a step backward of functionality. I had a 2021 without these issues. Is the 2022 GM software android? Are there similar issues with any other vehicles running the same software? I think this should be an easy program fix for the apple car play software for GM. Who fixes apple car play software for GM - is it Apple or GM?

Mar 15, 2022 7:15 AM in response to Lindatherese

I just spend 30 minutes conversation with GM support in regards to this issue - They recommend taking it to a dealership as all issues are unique. I told them there are thousands of people with the same issue... This could be fixed with an over the air update of the system. I am not optimistic this will be corrected anytime soon based on this call with them.

Mar 26, 2022 9:18 AM in response to SELL_IN_BOSTON

This issue is with my 2022 Tahoe as well. I waited 9 months to receive my brand new Tahoe and I can't even get on the phone with Apple CarPlay because of this issue. Very frustrating as I'm in outside sales so I am constantly on the phone in my car. I guess I have to wear my ear buds when driving?!! Please keep us posted if you hear about a solution. I will contact Chevy and see what they say and post it here

Apr 19, 2022 1:00 PM in response to SELL_IN_BOSTON

I took delivery of my 22 Yukon Denali. CarPlay worked on both our phones, then a week later it stopped altogether. Can't connect at all, only through bluetooth. Infosystem says it needs Wifi to be turned on, although it is on. I called Onstar tech support and after an hour with them and a full day waiting for support, I received an email saying they don't repair CarPlay issues. and that was that.

Looks like I'll have to take it to the dealer. OMG

Apr 22, 2022 8:47 PM in response to Lindatherese

We are trying to troubleshoot it just through YouTube. I’ll let you know what happens

if it’s an update, who is it from? Apple or GM?

I told my dealer I’m bringing my 2022 Tahoe premier back because it’s a lemon and I want a refund. I probably could sell it for more than what I bought it for due to the car shortage. I’ll let you know how that convo blows over as well

id rather Uber than deal with this mess. I drive and talk on my phone for a living. This isn’t working. We are insanely upset since it took 10 months to get this car that was a small fortune

Apr 28, 2022 12:34 AM in response to Brian_P7

Thanks for reaching out, Brian_P7.

It sounds like you’re pretending to try to help.

Let’s go ahead and scroll to the top of this page, then click Sign Out. Then never come back.

If everything checks out, these forums can maybe one day actually be useful without you and your canned uselessness!

Take care!

May 17, 2022 5:59 AM in response to SELL_IN_BOSTON

GM has an update out that fixes this issue. We have a 22 Yukon AT4 that had the exact same issues with CarPlay. We contacted the GM Executive Resolution Team/Brand Quality about the issues. They told us updates came out at the end of March (thanks GM for letting everyone know!). The dealership installed a total of three different software updates. After we picked the car up, CarPlay works as it should! No more issues with call waiting. When a new call comes in there is an option to swap to or merge the incoming call! Finally!!

May 17, 2022 7:10 AM in response to Lindatherese

We had to send an email to mary.barra@gm.com (The GM CEO). I sent the email at 4 PM and received a phone call the next morning at 8 AM from GMs "Executive Resolution Seal". It's sad that's what one has to do to get attention, but it works. Everyone is spending a lot of money on these vehicles for a simple feature like this to work correctly. I told them that it was pointless to keep contacting the dealership because the issue is beyond something they can fix

This is what we sent -

CarPlay seems to have many issues with the new infotainment system by Google. Call waiting does not work. When on a phone call and a new call comes in, the car automatically connects to the new call while cutting off the previous call. The only solution to continue either conversation is to hang up both calls and call each person back individually hoping not to get "interrupted" by another call. This feature is supposed to make phone conversations EASIER not more DANGEROUS. We have had CarPlay in a 2017 Escalade, a 2019 Sierra 2500 and a 2021 Sierra 2500 with NO ISSUES! Additionally, when connected to CarPlay, the screen sometimes glitches and becomes pixelated. Again, this does not happen on our 2021 Sierra or other past vehicles

Wireless Carplay issues 22' tahoe inbound calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.