Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari randomly goes back to past web page

After updating to OS Monterey (ver 12.0.1), Safari also got updates which introduce tab groups. It's a nice feature. But I'm experiencing that sometimes it randomly opens previous web page. It's like somehow, Safari had time machine which suddenly resetting (some) tab(s) to past. I can't tell when / how far it gets reverted, but for sure the current web page I opened is reverted to X past web page which I already closed / left (because opening several new pages).

It's also discussed on Reddit thread here: Safari goes back a page randomly? : r/MacOS - Reddithttps://www.reddit.com › MacOS › comments › safari_...

Anybody experiencing this issue? I guess it's related to new tab group features

I hope Safari's developer should consider this as a fix, since tab groups is a nice feature, but it still has bug.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 5:13 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 10, 2022 6:33 AM in response to unkle_jo

Hi unkle_jo,

We understand Safari keeps going back to the previous page. We're happy to offer some guidance.

We'd recommend turning off the trackpad gesture to confirm that it is not an accidental activation of that. Go to System Preferences > Trackpad > More Gestures, and turn off Swipe Between Pages.

After that just test out Safari and see if it is still doing the same thing. If it is, we'd recommend contacting Apple for assistance: Get Support

Hope this helps. Cheers!

Safari randomly goes back to past web page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.