You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting a "upgrade your Account Security" to continue with setting up your AirTag, how do I do that?

I keep getting a "upgrade your Account Security" to continue with setting up your AirTag, how do I do that?

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 6:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2022 7:06 PM

Try the following:

1. Ensure that your iPhone has been updated to the latest iOS version. Not sure which iPhone you have, but if you have an iPhone 6s or newer then the current version iOS 15.2.
  2. Open the Settings app ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ Password & Security ➡️ Two-Factor Authentication: Ensure that this is set to ON.
  3. Go back to Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ Find My ➡️ Find My iPhone: Ensure that this is set to ON.
  4. If none of the above works or the above items are set correctly, then, ➡️ Reset the AirTag. Continue with the setup of the AirTag after.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 8, 2022 7:06 PM in response to DSPresident114

Try the following:

1. Ensure that your iPhone has been updated to the latest iOS version. Not sure which iPhone you have, but if you have an iPhone 6s or newer then the current version iOS 15.2.
  2. Open the Settings app ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ Password & Security ➡️ Two-Factor Authentication: Ensure that this is set to ON.
  3. Go back to Settings ➡️ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➡️ Find My ➡️ Find My iPhone: Ensure that this is set to ON.
  4. If none of the above works or the above items are set correctly, then, ➡️ Reset the AirTag. Continue with the setup of the AirTag after.

Axel F.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.