You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant install Airtag

When I try and set up my airtag I get a popup that says "upgrade your account security Airtag uses end to end encryption to keep your location private." then link takes me to Apple Id Settings. But there is nothing to change. Help!

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on May 6, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 11, 2021 5:54 PM

I had the same issue on iPhone 12

I completed the following steps and was able to complete my registration of the AirTag:

1. I ensured I was on the latest IOS version (At posting 14.5.1).
  2. Went to Settings > My Name > Password & Security and made sure Two-Factor Authentication was set to "on"
  3. Went back to Settings > My Name > Find My and made sure FInd My Iphone was set to "on"
  4. I removed the cover, removed the battery, reset it and replaced the cover. I was then able to continue with my setup.

Hope this helps someone else.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 11, 2021 5:54 PM in response to rhilyn123

I had the same issue on iPhone 12

I completed the following steps and was able to complete my registration of the AirTag:

1. I ensured I was on the latest IOS version (At posting 14.5.1).
  2. Went to Settings > My Name > Password & Security and made sure Two-Factor Authentication was set to "on"
  3. Went back to Settings > My Name > Find My and made sure FInd My Iphone was set to "on"
  4. I removed the cover, removed the battery, reset it and replaced the cover. I was then able to continue with my setup.

Hope this helps someone else.

Cant install Airtag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.