Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dutch dictionary keeps suggesting English words

Hi,

I've recently purchased an iPhone 12 mini. My main language is Dutch, but I also have Spanish and Portuguese keyboards active.

However, when I type messages in Dutch, some very common Dutch words are automatically replaced by English words that look similar, but definitely aren't! The keyboard is set to Dutch in these cases.

For example, the word "van" by default gets replaced by "can". This also applies to my last name.

Incredibly annoying. I would like correct this dictionary error manualy, if possilbe. But how?

My iOS system language is set to English. Do I need to set this to Duth for this issue to be resolved? Hope not...

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 4:39 AM

Check you settings for Dictionaries and make sure the English ones are turned OFF and see if that helps.

1 reply

Dutch dictionary keeps suggesting English words

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.