Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer connection problem

Hi, my Macbook Air 2020, Os 11.5.2 can’t connect to Canon G2010 printer. Is there any driver option that works for the printer and my OS? Thanks.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 3:09 AM

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

The Canon G2010 is an older printer without AirPrint technology. However, you can try these steps:

1. Delete all Canon Software & Apps.
  2. Next, Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support.
  3. Finally, Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support.

If it still doesn't work properly, you may need a new pinter. Here are some excellent ones sold by Apple: Printers & Scanners - Mac Accessories - Apple.

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 3:09 AM in response to ainaa227

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities.

The Canon G2010 is an older printer without AirPrint technology. However, you can try these steps:

1. Delete all Canon Software & Apps.
  2. Next, Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem - Apple Support.
  3. Finally, Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac - Apple Support.

If it still doesn't work properly, you may need a new pinter. Here are some excellent ones sold by Apple: Printers & Scanners - Mac Accessories - Apple.

Jack

Jan 9, 2022 10:37 AM in response to ainaa227

Hello,

According to the specifications, Mac OS is not supported for the G2010:

https://in.canon/en/consumer/pixma-g2010/specification?category=&subCategory=

The G2010 appears to be designed for Windows only.

Some other G Series models (for example, the G2000) have drivers for macOS 11 Big Sur, but is not known to me whether any of these would work with a not supported printer as well.

https://in.canon/en/support/models?range=5&category=11&series=31

Printer connection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.