Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders in Monterey works differently to iOS

There are certain actions that are unavailable in Reminders for Monterey (iMac) than with Reminders iOS. For example, in Monterey I cannot move a Reminder to another list. Why is this? Is there a plan to make them work the same way?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 5:28 AM

Aarkeus wrote:

There are certain actions that are unavailable in Reminders for Monterey (iMac) than with Reminders iOS. For example, in Monterey I cannot move a Reminder to another list. Why is this? Is there a plan to make them work the same way?

Because iOS and macOS are two different operating systems. Only Apple would know what if any changes are planned.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 5:28 AM in response to Aarkeus

Aarkeus wrote:

Because iOS and macOS are two different operating systems. Only Apple would know what if any changes are planned.

Jan 9, 2022 5:33 AM in response to dialabrain

Thank you very much for the quick response and I appreciate it.

I know that they are different o/s but was hoping that the 2 development teams would have worked to keep them, if not exactly the same, very similar. Moving a reminder from one list to another seems a quite basic requirement. If I need to do it, which I do occasionally, I have to do it on my iPhone before returning to the desktop.

It's not a big issue just a little annoying.

Any thank you.

Reminders in Monterey works differently to iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.