Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 10673

If I click on a link in Apple Mail I get error -10673. I can right click and use the Open With to open the link.

This happens on my 2015 15" MacBook Pro. I don't have the same problem on my 2021 13" MacBook Pro.

Both are at Version 12.1

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 7:37 AM

Thatother1 wrote:

If I click on a link in Apple Mail I get error -10673. I can right click and use the Open With to open the link.
This happens on my 2015 15" MacBook Pro. I don't have the same problem on my 2021 13" MacBook Pro.
Both are at Version 12.1

Does the problematic computer have more than one Browser installed ?

What has been set as the Default Browser ?

To verify System Preferences >> General

71 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Thatother1

Thatother1 wrote:

Both are at Version 12.1

Does the problematic computer have more than one Browser installed ?

What has been set as the Default Browser ?

To verify System Preferences >> General

Jan 31, 2022 7:06 AM in response to Thatother1

I'm having this same problem, but just for the past week or so. I'm using a 1-year-old iMac. It never happened before, and now it happens nearly every time I try to open a link from an email. If the solution is to use Safari, that's really not ideal. There are many good reasons why I use Chrome as my default browser. There has to be a better solution than using Safari. Sometimes it clears up if I restart my computer, but that's also not the best solution. If it's only been happening for the past week, something is wrong that I hope Apple will fix.

Mar 9, 2022 2:11 PM in response to leirose

Give this a try: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

Feb 21, 2022 7:31 PM in response to Thatother1

What solved the problem for me was changing the default email reader in the Mail application (Mail->Preferences->General) back to mail. For some reason, it was selecting Microsoft Edge as default. Doing this removed the error message and I was able to click email links in my Mail app. Hope it works for you too.

Feb 13, 2022 8:07 AM in response to Thatother1

There is a simple solution i found yesterday for error 10673. First i open my browser, google Chrome. In second place i open my mailbox and when i click on any item it opens immediately. When I do it other way around I get code 10673 but after a while, a few minutes, even without reboot its working normally . I tried it several times and its always working when i open the browser first.

I have this problem since mid januari I think

I have MacBook pro with version 12.1 Monterey.

Have a nice day

Feb 13, 2022 8:25 AM in response to raphaël1950

That is interesting solution. I had to change my Home browser from Opera to Safari and it is working ever since. But I wanted to use Opera for my research on internet and Safari for ebay only . Now I have lost that convenience. This problem started since the latest OS Apple upgrade . The big brother is trying to control the user !?

I have MacBook Pro OS 11.6.2

Mar 1, 2022 6:36 AM in response to Thatother1

I have had this problem many times over. I finally found the quick way to fix it that works every time. I have sent google a response, but it does not look like they care to fix it or acknowledge it.

The easy fix:

Close chrome.

delete the file in your ~library ".com.google.chrome.savedState"

reopen chrome

Make sure you still have chrome as your default browser than your links will work until it something happens to corrupt the savedState file again.

Error 10673

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.