Question:

Question: Error 10673

If I click on a link in Apple Mail I get error -10673. I can right click and use the Open With to open the link.

This happens on my 2015 15" MacBook Pro. I don't have the same problem on my 2021 13" MacBook Pro.

Both are at Version 12.1

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 7:23 AM

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Welcome and Thank you for double checking.

Do come back to the ASC Forums, in the future, if / or when additional question may arise

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 8:00 AM

Question marked as Helpful

Jan 31, 2022 7:06 AM in response to Thatother1 In response to Thatother1

I'm having this same problem, but just for the past week or so. I'm using a 1-year-old iMac. It never happened before, and now it happens nearly every time I try to open a link from an email. If the solution is to use Safari, that's really not ideal. There are many good reasons why I use Chrome as my default browser. There has to be a better solution than using Safari. Sometimes it clears up if I restart my computer, but that's also not the best solution. If it's only been happening for the past week, something is wrong that I hope Apple will fix.

Jan 31, 2022 7:06 AM

Jan 9, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Thatother1 In response to Thatother1

Thatother1 wrote:

If I click on a link in Apple Mail I get error -10673. I can right click and use the Open With to open the link.
This happens on my 2015 15" MacBook Pro. I don't have the same problem on my 2021 13" MacBook Pro.
Both are at Version 12.1

Does the problematic computer have more than one Browser installed ?

What has been set as the Default Browser ?

To verify System Preferences >> General

Jan 9, 2022 7:37 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Jan 9, 2022 7:37 AM in response to Thatother1 In response to Thatother1

Thatother1 wrote:

Both are at Version 12.1

Does the problematic computer have more than one Browser installed ?

What has been set as the Default Browser ?

To verify System Preferences >> General

Jan 9, 2022 7:37 AM

Reply Helpful (9)

Jan 31, 2022 7:06 AM in response to Thatother1 In response to Thatother1

I'm having this same problem, but just for the past week or so. I'm using a 1-year-old iMac. It never happened before, and now it happens nearly every time I try to open a link from an email. If the solution is to use Safari, that's really not ideal. There are many good reasons why I use Chrome as my default browser. There has to be a better solution than using Safari. Sometimes it clears up if I restart my computer, but that's also not the best solution. If it's only been happening for the past week, something is wrong that I hope Apple will fix.

Jan 31, 2022 7:06 AM

Reply Helpful (17)
User profile for user: Thatother1

Question: Error 10673

Welcome to Apple Support Community
  • A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Learn more.