Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Findmy

I’m getting notified that my hubby left home. While he is sitting next to me. Like 5 to 10 times a day.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 10:56 AM

Seems that location-finding in your area is less accurate than the radius for leaving.

Whether that’s caused by cellular coverage or Wi-Fi coverage issues or otherwise?

GPS coverage and location-finding while inside buildings tends to be poor.

Here is what Apple states about location-finding accuracy: About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS - Apple Support

If you’re using your own distance setting, maybe increase the size of the circle.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 10:56 AM in response to Howiesturn

Seems that location-finding in your area is less accurate than the radius for leaving.

Whether that’s caused by cellular coverage or Wi-Fi coverage issues or otherwise?

GPS coverage and location-finding while inside buildings tends to be poor.

Here is what Apple states about location-finding accuracy: About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS - Apple Support

If you’re using your own distance setting, maybe increase the size of the circle.

Jan 9, 2022 10:53 AM in response to Howiesturn

Hello there!

I'd have to guess that you know how to nativate the settings in the Find My app, because obliviously you've turned in on. The first thing you'd have to try is to turn off the "Notifi when a friend arive or leaves" (I don't know what it's called but you get the point). Confirm that it's now off, and then turn in back on again. That should fix it.

If you don't know how to do any of the above mensioned things, you can find a guide on how to do it here.

Let me know how it goes, and feel free to ask whatever more question that's on your mind.

// Gustav

Jan 9, 2022 3:59 PM in response to Howiesturn

Geolocation around here without GPS assistance can routinely have ~8 kilometer positioning circles; ~5 miles. Or larger. When there’s but one working cellular tower and no other positioning cues are available (which happens around here), the circles can get bigger. When there is GPS coverage, positioning bounce around about as much as you’re reporting. That due to interference.

Findmy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.