Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes

why is the sync button greyed out on iTunes. I’m trying to get a video loaded onto my iphone

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 1:23 PM

7 replies

Jan 24, 2022 12:17 PM in response to iTunesisnotverygood

iTunesisnotverygood wrote:

I have videos stored in iTunes movies and I have moved some over to iPhone files in iTunes

I'm not sure what you mean. Once they're in your iTunes Library, don't move the original files in Windows Explorer.

I don't have much experience of films (movies), but I think the first thing you need to do is confirm whether your 10 second films are "movies" or "music videos" (there's an important difference).

To do this, in your iTunes Library, check whether the movies appear under the TV & Movies section or under Music Videos. Let's assume for now that they are movies. If they are music videos, let us know because the procedure is slightly different.

Connect the iPhone to your computer and click on the iPhone icon once it appears at the top of the iTunes window:

That shows you the Device/Settings/Summary pane.

• Select instead, the Device/Settings/Films pane (1. & 2.):

• Click on the Sync Films box (3.) to add the tick (check)
  • tick (check) either:
    • the Automatically include option and sub-option or
    • the individual films in the boxes numbered 4.
    • Click on the Apply or Sync button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (not shown in the screenshot)

That's it.

Subsequent Syncs will continue to add the films, but if you opted to sync only selected films, you will have to go through this procedure again in order to select the additional films. Of course, if you selected Sync all, then you will not need to do this again.

Jan 24, 2022 11:39 AM in response to the fiend

i am trying to get 10 sec movies moved to my iPhone. I have videos stored in iTunes movies and I have moved some over to iPhone files in iTunes so how do I view movies on my iPhone. iPhone is plugged into computer and I have clicked on movies and clicked to move to iPhone but noting. Please explain to an old guy who does not get iTunes.

Itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.