Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

How do I fix a greyed-out sync option?

Attached are two pictures, one showing two home videos, and one showing the greyed-out sync option. My iPad is connected directly to my PC using a USB cable. Many help notes show in icon in the upper left, next to the Music/movie selection. This icon is not appearing in my view. I reloaded iTunes on my PC today. How do I sync these home videos to my iPad?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 18, 2023 7:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 5:45 PM

And the final answer. You cannot use iTunes to sync to newer iPads! I learned iTunes does not run on newer iPads, that is why we have the red music icon. You can upload the home video to your Apple cloud or Google drive, and then from your iPad download the home movie to your iPad.

Similar questions

5 replies

Aug 18, 2023 5:09 PM in response to javaliga

The convert option gave me high hopes. But after converting the sync option is still greyed-out. I have noticed in the left frame I have an icon for movies and one for home videos listed in the library.

beneath the library it shows my iPad. This list shows movies and TV shows, but it does not show home movies. Is there another app I need to load on my iPad?

How do I fix a greyed-out sync option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.