Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone doesn’t ring when wearing my I watch

My iPhone doesn’t ring when wearing my I watch I have read the suggested fixes they don’t work. If I take my watch off iPhone rings and notifications for texts work fine. It needs to be fixed with options. It didn’t work on my iPhone X nor on the 13. All are updated

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:04 PM

maybe the design doesn’t function the way customers would like. Maybe customers would prefer to have the phone remain dominant or at least choose which is dominant. That would be customer friendly design. From what I see thousands of customers are not happy with the current design. What do you think?

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2022 6:04 PM in response to lobsterghost1

maybe the design doesn’t function the way customers would like. Maybe customers would prefer to have the phone remain dominant or at least choose which is dominant. That would be customer friendly design. From what I see thousands of customers are not happy with the current design. What do you think?

Jan 9, 2022 1:39 PM in response to ed from bellows falls

Your watch, when worn is supposed to alert you to incoming calls and notifications. Your iPhone is not supposed to ring, unless the phone is unlocked, meaning it is being used and is at that moment the dominant device. This is by design.

Read this link about notifications on Apple Watch --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Jan 9, 2022 6:13 PM in response to ed from bellows falls

It doesn't really matter what I think. I don't, nor does anyone else on this user to user only forum work for Apple. I didn't, nor did anyone else on this user to user only forum design the interface between iPhone and Apple Watch.

Feel free to provide feedback to Apple what you think, via this link --> https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Since you asked however, what I think? Having owned Apple Watch now since Apple Watch 4, I like the fact I get notifications on my watch as opposed to my iPhone. I have Haptics turned on, so my wrist is notified of something I should pay attention to and the people around me are not bothered by sounds they don't need to interrupt their day. That's what I think.

iPhone doesn’t ring when wearing my I watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.