Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch 7 adapter for charger

I just received my series 7 Apple Watch. I can’t charge it. Apparently it requires an adapter for charger to plug into. My iPhone 12 adapter doesn’t work!! Why would apple do this. I did my research and nowhere did I see that I had to purchase a separate adapter for charger. Now I have a dead brand new watch. What gives???

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 3:21 PM

Why would apple sell a watch and not tell you have to buy a different adapter to even charge this watch??..very unprofessional

4 replies

Jan 9, 2022 3:22 PM in response to Sandrita52

See the following from https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch/apple-watch?option.watch_cases=MKNQ3LL/A&option.watch_bands=ML7Y3AM/A&preSelect=false&product=Z0YQ&step=detail#

(just one example of an Apple Watch 7)

What’s in the Box

• Green Aluminum Case
  • Leather Link
  • 1m Magnetic Fast Charger to USB‑C Cable

As part of our efforts to reach our environmental goals, Apple Watch does not include a power adapter. Included in the box is a Magnetic Fast Charger to USB‑C cable that supports fast charging and is compatible with USB‑C power adapters and computer ports.

If you don't have any USB-C devices or power adapters, one option is: Buy 20W USB-C Power Adapter - Apple

Jan 9, 2022 4:08 PM in response to Sandrita52

Any USB-C port on a personal computer, the USC-C charger from a recent Macbook Pro, iPhone or iPad, the charging puck and power brick from an older Apple Watch, or any vendor’s USB-C charger , from any store. 20watt USB-C charger will enable Fast charging on the Series 7.

There are countries pushing hard ti eliminate electronic waste (the European Union for example), and countries pushing for handheld devices to use USB-C, and for vendors to NOT include chargers with every handheld device.

Only the USB-C standard supports the higher 20watt capacities to enable Fast charging.

Apple Watch 7 adapter for charger

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.