Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health App display is not auto-updating as it did previously

My iPhone is updated to the latest iOS. Starting last week, the Health App is no longer updating my distance or steps in "real time." The auto-update lags behind several minutes. How to fix this? Previously, I could track steps and distance updating every 10 steps or so. Now, I can walk hundreds of steps and the app still will not update. I can go to "Show all data" and see the most current (again, with more lag time than before) and then the display will update to the total under "Show all data" but will not update in between on a regular basis. What gives?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2022 5:52 PM

Hello,

I noticed the same after updating the latest software--iOS 15.3. My health app used to give me my steps and miles almost in real time while I was walking, and now there is about a 10 or so minute lag. I saw your response above about this, and confirmed that my Motion & Fitness is on, and I tried re-starting my phone. The Health app data is still lagging. Any other suggestions? Hopefully this bug will get fixed!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2022 5:52 PM in response to barberlives123

Hello,

I noticed the same after updating the latest software--iOS 15.3. My health app used to give me my steps and miles almost in real time while I was walking, and now there is about a 10 or so minute lag. I saw your response above about this, and confirmed that my Motion & Fitness is on, and I tried re-starting my phone. The Health app data is still lagging. Any other suggestions? Hopefully this bug will get fixed!

Jan 10, 2022 2:25 PM in response to tmhpiano

Hello tmhpiano.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that the Health app is no longer updating steps and distance in real time. We will be glad to assist.

Let's check to make sure Motion & Fitness are enabled in the privacy and Location Services settings: About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS

Go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness

Next, try a restart: Restart your iPhone

Cheers.

Health App display is not auto-updating as it did previously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.