Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

request read receipt

How do I request a read receipt on sent email from me.com address?

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2022 6:29 PM

You ask in the email to please let you know they have read the email.

Don't expect them to respond though.

8 replies

Jan 26, 2022 9:40 AM in response to Chris@Badgers

Chris@Badgers wrote:

In Microsoft Outlook, as you are perhaps aware , there is facility to ask for read receipt, a useful facility. Is there a similar option in apple mail. I usually ask for this when you don't think people will reply but I would like to know if they have read it,, so asking in email for an answer wouldn't work for me.
Chris

I use Outlook and if I discovered you were trying to get an automated read receipt from me you would be blocked. I would never see another email from you. It is only my business if or when I read my emails.

And, think of how useful automatic read receipts would be to spammers and phishers.

Jan 26, 2022 10:56 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

sorry. We seem at cross purposes. I am asking a simple technical question as to whether this facility exists in imail.

Note that outlook asks if you will allow a receipt to sent. It is not in my experience sent without agreement and is not hidden. But that’s not of interest to me now as I have moved to imail. Just want to know if it exists

I now end my involvement in this thread and will search elsewhere for the info I need

thanks for your help

request read receipt

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.