Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Virus Text Message

Hello, I have just received a text message from a 909 area code number to my new iPhone that says,

"Your browsing history showed visits to unsecured websites. You now have (3) virus on your device. Clean your phone ASAP."

And it provides a link. I haven't touched anything on the message because I think it is false. I haven't been to any website that would warrant this response. It has been maybe 2 weeks since I've gotten my phone, and I'm just a bit concerned by this message, even though I don't think it's true.

Has anyone else gotten this message?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 6:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 6:17 AM

Ignore the message and delete it. It’s a text message sent to you by a malicious person and provides a link that could cause real problems, they are hoping fear will make you follow the link. Don’t interact with the message, your phone is not infected, just delete the message and move on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 6:17 AM in response to BMC11

Ignore the message and delete it. It’s a text message sent to you by a malicious person and provides a link that could cause real problems, they are hoping fear will make you follow the link. Don’t interact with the message, your phone is not infected, just delete the message and move on.

Iphone Virus Text Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.