Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad issue

After installing OS Monterey on my MacBook Pro, my trackpad stopped working after I login. Found an old mouse that will work for now. Any suggestions for getting the trackpad "on track" again?

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 8:48 AM

Hi Artyone2,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, we're glad to assist. We understand that your trackpad has stopped working on your MacBook Pro after updating to macOS Monterey. We recommend going to Preferences > Accessibility > Pointer Control and confirm that "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" is unchecked.

Hope this helps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 8:48 AM in response to Artyone2

Hi Artyone2,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities, we're glad to assist. We understand that your trackpad has stopped working on your MacBook Pro after updating to macOS Monterey. We recommend going to Preferences > Accessibility > Pointer Control and confirm that "Ignore built-in trackpad when mouse or wireless trackpad is present" is unchecked.

Hope this helps.

Trackpad issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.