Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After setting up my new IPad, I’m not receiving any IMessages. How can I fix this?

After setting up my new IPad, I’m not receiving any IMessages. How can I fix this issue?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:16 AM

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your [new] iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 9:16 AM in response to CMLOGUE58

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your [new] iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

After setting up my new IPad, I’m not receiving any IMessages. How can I fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.