Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I borrowed a friends iPad, logged in w/ my Apple ID, now our pictures are merged on her iPad and my iPhone.

She doesn't have my pictures on her phone but I have all of her pics on my phone, she also has all of my photos on her iPad. How do I get these cleared up so that we only have our own photos on our devices? Her photos are also in my icloud.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:36 AM

You logged in to her iPad with your Apple ID, what did you think was going to happen? Your Apple ID is what contains your data and photos. So logging in to another device with it, syncs the data including photos, contacts, files in iCloud etc...

You synced all the photos on the iPad and most likely other content, to your iPhone and viceversa.

You should never use your Apple ID on someone else's devices for any reason whatsoever.

You would need to log your Apple ID out of her iPad, and then delete her photos from your iPhone manually. and delete your photos from her iPad as well.

Also check other content as mentioned like Contact. Notes etc...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2022 9:36 AM in response to denverdeutsch

You logged in to her iPad with your Apple ID, what did you think was going to happen? Your Apple ID is what contains your data and photos. So logging in to another device with it, syncs the data including photos, contacts, files in iCloud etc...

You synced all the photos on the iPad and most likely other content, to your iPhone and viceversa.

You should never use your Apple ID on someone else's devices for any reason whatsoever.

You would need to log your Apple ID out of her iPad, and then delete her photos from your iPhone manually. and delete your photos from her iPad as well.

Also check other content as mentioned like Contact. Notes etc...

Jan 10, 2022 11:21 AM in response to denverdeutsch

Anything synced with iCloud will be deleted from any devices connected to that account. You would need to turn off the iCloud Photo library option, before deleting anything from iCloud to make sure it does not get deleted form any devices.

Also you would still need to delete any photos still local to the device. As deactivating iCloud Photo Library will either remove everything or leave everything depending on the option you choose.

Beyond that, yes it's likely this will not be an easy or quick process.

I borrowed a friends iPad, logged in w/ my Apple ID, now our pictures are merged on her iPad and my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.