Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 27" 2013 delay in loading boot screen after powering on

Hi all,

I have an issue with a 27" iMac, late 2013 model. When I press the power button, the system sound chimes and I see the LCD backlight turn on, however the actual mac OS boot screen or logo doesn't show until 2 minutes later after powering on the system.

When it does get to the mac OS load screen, it doesn't take long to load in to the operating system - maybe 20 seconds. The iMac specs are:

Late 2013

i7

8GB DDR3

1TB Fusion drive

I've searched internet and tried so many options. Clearing SMC, PRAM, taking out 1 RAM module at a time to see if it makes a difference. So far I'm beginning to believe the actual motherboard, or logic board, may be the culprit as I read somewhere in a forum that faulty IO ports can cause this. Is this true?

Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 3:11 PM

Likely a failed HD. Please take the computer to your local third party AASP. It is considered vintage by Apple (hard to believe it's 10 years old isn't it!). If you don't know of any third party AASP's in your area please use the following link to get started.

AASP Locator

1 reply

iMac 27" 2013 delay in loading boot screen after powering on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.