Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The ? on my magic keyboard isn't working, but the / on the same key is. What on Earth is wrong?

I purchased an iMac 2015 secondhand. The keyboard was working find when tested. When I got it home I upgraded the operating system to the lastest. Now the “?” isn’t working, but the “/“ on the same key is. I took it to the Apple store and it worked when the man connected it to one of their new MacBooks. When I got it home is again wasn’t working on my iMac. I paired it with my MacBook and the “?” works only sporadically. Is it a coincidence it stopped working with the operating system upgrade? I don’t want to spend $140 on a new keyboard because one key doesn’t work, especially if the keyboard is working with some other devices.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 2:09 PM

Of course, you can spend $10 on a plain vanilla USB wired keyboard to test, which is a good thing to have anyway.

Did you try Safe Mode?

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Otherwise, have you checked for weird shortcut keys?

Create keyboard shortcuts for apps on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply

The ? on my magic keyboard isn't working, but the / on the same key is. What on Earth is wrong?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.