Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter - imac 27" mid 2010 to macbook pro m1 max 2021

This is a long shot but I hope there is an adapter out there that works because there are thousands of them and I feel like I will be searching a stack of needles to find the right one.

My question is this:

I have an old iMac 27” mid 2010, looking for a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter to pair with a MacBook Pro M1 max 2021. I purchased a Best Buy brand adapter and it didn't work. Here is the kicker I also have a old mid 2014 macbook pro that I also tried to use the adapter and it didn't work either. I would have thought the older macbook would have worked. Anybody have a brand that they trust and knows it will work with the setup I have.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 5:31 PM

If you are trying to use the iMac as a monitor for the 2021 MacBook Pro, that will not work.

The 2021 MacBook Pro does not support Target Display mode, so cannot use the iMac as a monitor.

Similar questions

2 replies

Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter - imac 27" mid 2010 to macbook pro m1 max 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.