Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook air hub with mini display port

I am switching from Windows to Apple. I have a 27" Philips monitor with a cable that requires a mini display port which the MacBookAir does not have. Is there a hub for the Mac that includes a mini display port? Or do I need a replacement cable to use a regular USB-C port?

My existing HUB has a regular HDMI input but I haven't been able to find an HDMI cable with the special 4K connection on the monitor, which is marked "P". The monitor also has HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 inputs. Would a plain HDMI - HDMI cable work? I am waiting to hear from Philips, but can anyone else provide answers?

Many thanks.

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2022 1:59 PM

You can either buy a dock with that capability (I had to, I have too many peripherals to switch out dongles all day), or a USB C to HDMI adapter.

There are plenty of hubs out there; I'm using a Belkin 11 in 1. Amazon or Best Buy would likely have what you're looking for, as far as adapters and/or hubs.

1 reply

macbook air hub with mini display port

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.