Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari is too slow. None of the traditional fixes worked.

I have an iPhone 13 mini, 128 GB, running iOS 15.2. I noticed from a few weeks back that the Safari App is very slow to load pages and sometimes it even times out. This happens pages of any type of workload. It does not matter if I tap on one of the search hits, or if the link was directly sent to me. Also, I usually type my web searches on the iPhone’s search bar and then tap the suggestion to search Safari with my query; this too takes too long.

I’ve tried everything I could find online: clearing caches, cookies and web data, disabling JavaScript, turning off background app refresh (which I think should not be needed for Safari to work properly), powering on and off the iPhone, closing all tabs, resetting network settings.

I know this is a problem with Safari specifically, because everything else works as expected. It is not my network because I have a 200 Mbps connection speed and I have full WiFi signal strength. Also, for comparison, I even tried using the Chrome app for browsing and everything loads almost instantly.

Is this a known issue? Will there be an update? Is there a fix or a workaround? It is really frustrating to have the latest iPhone model and have it underperform at such a basic task as it is web browsing.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:50 PM

Hello julianmoruav,

It sounds like Safari is loading slowly on your iPhone and you have isolated it to just this app.

Here are some additional things to check for and resources that might help:

• If you subscribe to iCloud+, have additional iCloud storage, see if you have iCloud Private Relay turned on About iCloud Private Relay. If so, review the information user "If a website or network doesn’t work with Private Relay" to see if this could be the cause.

If it continues, you may want to Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link for assistance.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 12:50 PM in response to julianmoruav

Hello julianmoruav,

It sounds like Safari is loading slowly on your iPhone and you have isolated it to just this app.

Here are some additional things to check for and resources that might help:

• If you subscribe to iCloud+, have additional iCloud storage, see if you have iCloud Private Relay turned on About iCloud Private Relay. If so, review the information user "If a website or network doesn’t work with Private Relay" to see if this could be the cause.

If it continues, you may want to Contact Apple Support or use this Get Support link for assistance.

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Safari is too slow. None of the traditional fixes worked.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.