Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I program my new Apple TV 4K 64gb remote to activate my Vizio sound bars power and the Apple TV power simultaneously like my previous Apple TV remote did?

My previous Apple TV model remote was programmed to activate my Vizio Soundbar simultaneously with powering on my Apple TV. I can’t seem to find instruction to do that with my 4K 64GB device.

Please advise.

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 2:39 AM

CEC should be activated on all the connected HDMI devices. Soundbars with wireless or optical connections do not support CEC. CEC can be activated on Apple TV through Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On.

It is actually not the remote that has this CEC functionality. The remote wakes the Apple TV box, which in turn signals the other devices. Same for putting to sleep.

Control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 2:39 AM in response to timfromrockwood

CEC should be activated on all the connected HDMI devices. Soundbars with wireless or optical connections do not support CEC. CEC can be activated on Apple TV through Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On.

It is actually not the remote that has this CEC functionality. The remote wakes the Apple TV box, which in turn signals the other devices. Same for putting to sleep.

Control your TV or receiver with your Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

Why can’t I program my new Apple TV 4K 64gb remote to activate my Vizio sound bars power and the Apple TV power simultaneously like my previous Apple TV remote did?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.