Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPlay not working on certain websites

Hello,

I've been using AirPlay for a while, mirroring programs from my iPhone X to my 50" Smart TV. One site shows the icon to press on it (see below) and is working fine, but its sister site, when clicking that icon, it reverts back to the AirPlay screen on the TV, while on my iPhone, at the bottom of the screen playing the program, that (blue) icon keeps blinking slowly. It stubbornly refuses to mirror the program on my tv.

I was trying to contact the site's tech support but can't get them to respond.

Any ideas here? Thanks!

Also, BTW, what's the difference between the 2 AirPlay icons the one below and the one with the 3 circles above the triangle?

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 9:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2022 2:49 PM

Hi amifromskokie,

Are your TV's listed as AirPlay compatible devices in this article?

iOS - Home Accessories - Apple

If so, and you continue to have issues, we recommend contacting Apple Support.

Contact - Official Apple Support

Take care.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 11, 2022 3:34 PM in response to amifromskokie

Hi amifromskokie,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand AirPlay is not working on certain websites, and we'd like to assist. This article has some steps that may help:

If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

If the issue persists on particular websites, then reaching out to the website's tech support would be the next step as it sounds like you've tried to do.

The difference in regard to the icons, the one pictured in your post is for screen mirroring and the one with the 3 circles is for streaming audio only. Check out this article for more details:

Use AirPlay to stream audio and video on Apple TV

Take care.

Jan 12, 2022 6:56 PM in response to ManJor

I understand the instructions, yet this particular site uses the icon to connect, but it doesn't connect (as I described originally, once pushed, the icon is colored blue and very slowly blinking).

But now, suddenly, I have my second set, a new 32" Vizio Smart TV dropped out from the list on my iPhone. I used the AirPlay setting on the TV, it showed a QR code which I tried scanning on my iPhone, but the message I got at the top of the iPhone screen says:

QR Code Detected

No usable data found

AirPlay not working on certain websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.