Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus possibility in downloading pdf files from internet

Dear ,

I just downloaded a pdf file over internet and unlike my pc i don’t have any option to scan that file for virus on my iphone

so i wonder that is its totally safe ?

does apple have some kind of inbuilt security check feature to check for virus in a file downloaded from internet ?

please enlighten me !

thank you

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 4:19 AM

unlike with pc's then the only way to install new software on an ios device is app store, vira, trojan, malware and the likes is software too, so you can't get them from sms, files, mails or websites

but of cause you need to be careful with Recognise and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls and other scams – Apple Support (UK) were you yourself act the role of being a virus

and sites can ask you to let it add a calendar to your calendar which then is a calendar full of spam and attempts to scam you

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 4:19 AM in response to pranavtmk

unlike with pc's then the only way to install new software on an ios device is app store, vira, trojan, malware and the likes is software too, so you can't get them from sms, files, mails or websites

but of cause you need to be careful with Recognise and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls and other scams – Apple Support (UK) were you yourself act the role of being a virus

and sites can ask you to let it add a calendar to your calendar which then is a calendar full of spam and attempts to scam you

Delete spam calendars and events on iPhone - Apple Support

Virus possibility in downloading pdf files from internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.