Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2018 becomes very hot out of SUDDEN!!!

My iPad 2018 is still using iOS 13,i only bought this 3yrs ago

i did not update it at all, and also not running any app

this morning, the battery become 1%,previously should be 50%.

Out of no where, the battery drained, and the iPad becomes very hot

there are a few weird behaviour since this morning:

1.i didn't run any app at all, and it is still very hot now,, why is it so??

2.when i press the power button, the screen is only lighted for 1 second and it dimmed again

3.when i press power button together with home button for 10 second, the screen will keep on flickering for a few second then it dimmed again

Why out of sudden, it has become like that???

iPad, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 4:26 AM

Battery exhausted?

Contact Apple Support directly (they have tools to run remote diagnostics), using this link:--> Get Support or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 4:26 AM in response to ipad2018qqq

Battery exhausted?

Contact Apple Support directly (they have tools to run remote diagnostics), using this link:--> Get Support or make an appointment (*) and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector. After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

(*) You can do it:

Jan 11, 2022 5:04 AM in response to ipad2018qqq

Okay, so your iPad appears to be in regular use. Whilst the iPad is three years old, it has not been continuously stored extended periods. As such, we can hopefully eliminate deep-discharge of the battery as a probable cause.

If your iPad remains functional, attempt a forced restart - as this may resolve the issue:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

If the restart does not resolve the problem, your iPad or its battery may still have a significant fault requiring service or repair. As such, you would be best advised to have your iPad checked by an Apple technician at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jan 11, 2022 4:26 AM in response to ipad2018qqq

As described, your iPad battery has very likely failed through non-use. All Li-ion batteries require periodic recharge to maintain the battery - especially during periods of extended storage.

If your iPad becomes uncomfortably warm - or suddenly hot - for safety you should immediately discontinue use and seek assistance from Apple Support.

You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, if you have access to another Apple device, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and offer appropriate advice:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Ipad 2018 becomes very hot out of SUDDEN!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.