Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Setting what email the Mail app icon shows

iPad Mini 5, 15.2. I have Mail app icon on the taskbar and have Yahoo and Fastmail as providers. I just updated the latter's registration as a third party app. Prior to that, that is, for several years with a Mini 2 and now Mini 5, the Mail app icon only showed when there was Yahoo email, not Fastmail's. The latter I take care of with an open tab in Safari. I'm not sure how I set up Mail that way originally, but now it shows email from both providers. Without deleting Fastmail, is there a way to set the Mail app so that it only shows when Yahoo emails have come? Thanks,

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 9:46 AM

I believe you are referring to the red “badge” that is overlaid on the Mail icon - that indicates the number of unread received email in your various mail accounts. If so, you can enable/disable this feature, per-account, from your iPad Notification settings; the badge will show the total number of unread emails for those accounts that have the badge-notification enabled.

The required settings differ between iPadOS15 - and iPadOS14 and earlier versions. For iPadOS15, either include or exclude each account:

Settings > Notifications > Mail > Customise Notifications > [Mail Account] > Badges

Set to ON to include this email account in the Mail unread message count

Set to OFF to exclude this email account in the Mail unread message count

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 9:46 AM in response to highstream

I believe you are referring to the red “badge” that is overlaid on the Mail icon - that indicates the number of unread received email in your various mail accounts. If so, you can enable/disable this feature, per-account, from your iPad Notification settings; the badge will show the total number of unread emails for those accounts that have the badge-notification enabled.

The required settings differ between iPadOS15 - and iPadOS14 and earlier versions. For iPadOS15, either include or exclude each account:

Settings > Notifications > Mail > Customise Notifications > [Mail Account] > Badges

Set to ON to include this email account in the Mail unread message count

Set to OFF to exclude this email account in the Mail unread message count

Setting what email the Mail app icon shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.