Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't have the sign in option on system preferences and can't log into my account

My iMac will not accept my apple ID and password to update my settings-it keeps telling me that my ID and password are wrong-theyre not !

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 12:26 PM

Can you log on to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com using your Apple Id and password? This will confirm that they are good. If they are, try restarting your Mac and enter them in System Preferences > Apple ID.

If they are not accepted, click "Forgot Apple ID or password?" in the log in screen of iCloud.com:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 12:26 PM in response to felicity91

Can you log on to iCloud.com or appleid.apple.com using your Apple Id and password? This will confirm that they are good. If they are, try restarting your Mac and enter them in System Preferences > Apple ID.

If they are not accepted, click "Forgot Apple ID or password?" in the log in screen of iCloud.com:

I don't have the sign in option on system preferences and can't log into my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.