Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

signing in to apple support communities

apple support does not recognize my id as it pops up at sign in. I must type it in the window each time.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 1:43 PM

4 replies

Jan 12, 2022 10:26 AM in response to deflumeri

Hello deflumeri,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. We understand that your Apple ID isn't recognized when trying to sign in. We're happy to look into this with you.

Please go to the Apple ID account page below and try to sign in there:

Manage your Apple ID

If you're unable to sign in, reset your Apple ID password using the steps in the following resource:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

Let us know the results. Be sure to include specific error messages and any other troubleshooting steps that you may have tried.

Have a nice day!

Jan 14, 2022 8:48 AM in response to JovonaP.

Your suggestion was tried and did not work. When I was in my Apple ID profile I typed in my Apple ID (the one I use and has worked only when I type it in), I get a message that says "this ID cannot be vetted. This sounds absurd on its face. It works when I type it in. I really don't know what I am talking about when it comes to fixes, but could this have anything to do with my plists?

signing in to apple support communities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.