Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing message after stolen iPhone

I got an sms on my number after my iPhone was stolen the sms read like this and it was from Apple

Godfrey iPhone X has been switched ON and connected to iCloud View Location; **** Apple support

is this really apple or hackers when i copy and pasted on google chrome it wrote a phising site and i did not receive any email from Apple just sms

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 7:54 PM

Apple has no mechanism to take any report of anyone’s lost or stolen devices. So they don’t even know anyones device is missing. Nor are they monitoring or tracking anyone’s personal devices. They have no clue your device is missing and have no means of finding it for you. So Apple will never contact anyone about their lost or stolen devices.

Apple takes no active role of any kind with regards to people’s lost or stolen personal property. Any SMS, iMessage, email or voice call claiming it is Apple and they’ve found your device is NOT from apple and is a scam.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 7:54 PM in response to Balloon123

Apple has no mechanism to take any report of anyone’s lost or stolen devices. So they don’t even know anyones device is missing. Nor are they monitoring or tracking anyone’s personal devices. They have no clue your device is missing and have no means of finding it for you. So Apple will never contact anyone about their lost or stolen devices.

Apple takes no active role of any kind with regards to people’s lost or stolen personal property. Any SMS, iMessage, email or voice call claiming it is Apple and they’ve found your device is NOT from apple and is a scam.

Phishing message after stolen iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.