Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I blocked cookies by mistake on iPad Air safari. I cannot make payments from my checking account. How do i retrieve that cookie?

I blocked cookies on iPad Air Safari by mistake and need to retrieve cookie so i can access bill pay from my bank account. Please help me with this problem.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:17 PM

What causes you to believe that your problem is related to cookies and Safari?

Have you verified similar behaviour when using a different browser, such as Firefox?

Have you updated to the most recent version of iPadOS - this being iPadOS 15.2? The tags appended to your post suggest that your iPad has iPadOS 14.x installed. If you have not already updated to iPadOS 15.2, you would be well advised to do so.

Some websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which there are two - these being Desktop and Mobile. Misidentification of the browser Agent can often manifest as the website reporting that your browser is out of date, or won’t properly render a page.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 3:17 PM in response to Watercolourpainter

What causes you to believe that your problem is related to cookies and Safari?

Have you verified similar behaviour when using a different browser, such as Firefox?

Have you updated to the most recent version of iPadOS - this being iPadOS 15.2? The tags appended to your post suggest that your iPad has iPadOS 14.x installed. If you have not already updated to iPadOS 15.2, you would be well advised to do so.

Some websites incorrectly identify your iOS/iPadOS Safari User Agent when used in one or other of its browsing modes - of which there are two - these being Desktop and Mobile. Misidentification of the browser Agent can often manifest as the website reporting that your browser is out of date, or won’t properly render a page.

It’s easy to switch between modes if a website isn’t functioning correctly. From the desired web-page, touch the aA icon at the left of the Address Bar; this will reveal a menu. From the menu select Website Settings, then select (or deselect) Request Desktop Website, then tap Done. Now refresh the webpage.

The chosen setting will be saved for the selected website - and can be simply reversed if needed.

I blocked cookies by mistake on iPad Air safari. I cannot make payments from my checking account. How do i retrieve that cookie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.