You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add things to my cart

Hi, I cannot seem to add things to my cart on certain websites. I tried two different web browsers, made sure Javascript is enabled and cleared my cookies and cache. So far none of that has worked. It only seems to be a problem on my Mac. The websites work fine on my phone.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 3:57 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 4:59 PM

Restart in Safe mode and try again in safe mode.

Safe Mode does a number of different things. Hold shift at startup, but have your userid and password at the ready.

A parade of unusual things happens.

• Your Mac loads just enough of the kernel to do a disk check. Then it proceeds to do a disk check. This can take an extra about five minutes.

• your userid and password are required, even if you normally auto-login. So have them handy.

• Your Mac adds ONLY a minimal set of Apple-Only extensions, Not including graphics acceleration extensions. Screen updates will therefore be wonky and slow, and the screen may re-draw multiple times, but it ultimately should be accurate.

• Your Mac assumes defaults for as many settings as possible. This is the key for re-setting the screen, but there is a little more to it: Resolution is likely to be lower and settings ordinary. Use this as a starting point to customize settings to your liking.

Any changes you make in Safe Mode will "stick" in regular mode after you restart.

• after restart in normal mode, your Mac will take slightly longer to start up [once] because it rebuilds some system caches.

PUNCHLINE:

"Works in Safe mode, fails in regular mode" implies "It's something you added".

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2022 4:59 PM in response to Night138

Restart in Safe mode and try again in safe mode.

Safe Mode does a number of different things. Hold shift at startup, but have your userid and password at the ready.

A parade of unusual things happens.

• Your Mac loads just enough of the kernel to do a disk check. Then it proceeds to do a disk check. This can take an extra about five minutes.

• your userid and password are required, even if you normally auto-login. So have them handy.

• Your Mac adds ONLY a minimal set of Apple-Only extensions, Not including graphics acceleration extensions. Screen updates will therefore be wonky and slow, and the screen may re-draw multiple times, but it ultimately should be accurate.

• Your Mac assumes defaults for as many settings as possible. This is the key for re-setting the screen, but there is a little more to it: Resolution is likely to be lower and settings ordinary. Use this as a starting point to customize settings to your liking.

Any changes you make in Safe Mode will "stick" in regular mode after you restart.

• after restart in normal mode, your Mac will take slightly longer to start up [once] because it rebuilds some system caches.

PUNCHLINE:

"Works in Safe mode, fails in regular mode" implies "It's something you added".

Cannot add things to my cart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.