You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 13.1.1 Can't Place an Order via Amazon for Whole Foods Market Delivery

Some options onscreen don't work to schedule delivery. Filling the basket with products works fine. Once the basket is complete and you go to checkout and are presented with some delivery options, you cannot select any of them.

Already tried privacy settings and website settings - deleted cache and cookies.

Works OK if I switch to Firefox, pickup the same shopping cart items, and checkout.

TOR Browser works fine.

Also works fine on iPhone 6S.

So only problem is on laptop running Safari 13.1.1 and Catalina 10.15.5. - had the same problem on prior version.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 28, 2020 5:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 30, 2020 11:54 AM

Try disabling all your Safari extensions in Safari/Preferences/Extensions. Quit/reopen Safari and test.

Uninstall Clean MyMac 4. Most posters recommend not using cleaning programs. They can destroy normal computer operations.

Check for any remaining associated files using these programs.

EasyFind – Spotlight Replacement

Find Any File

I would uninstall Cocktail and other Maintain software. It tends to interfere with the computer's operation while providing minimal to no benefit.

Cocktail Uninstall         See FAQ at bottom right

10 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 30, 2020 11:54 AM in response to Sorcerer2006

Try disabling all your Safari extensions in Safari/Preferences/Extensions. Quit/reopen Safari and test.

Uninstall Clean MyMac 4. Most posters recommend not using cleaning programs. They can destroy normal computer operations.

Check for any remaining associated files using these programs.

EasyFind – Spotlight Replacement

Find Any File

I would uninstall Cocktail and other Maintain software. It tends to interfere with the computer's operation while providing minimal to no benefit.

Cocktail Uninstall         See FAQ at bottom right

May 29, 2020 2:17 PM in response to Sorcerer2006

Hi Sorcerer2006,

Thanks for your post! I see when using Amazon on Safari, you are unable to fully "check out". It looks like using other devices and other browsers, the issue does not persist, however a previous macOS presented the same issue. Have you tried testing the issue in another user?

Refer to these steps:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let us know what you find out!

Take care!

May 29, 2020 5:17 PM in response to BreeZee_17

OK that seems to fix the problem. I read the link you gave me but it stops short of saying what to do. It says this:

If the issue doesn't happen in the other account

If the issue doesn't happen in the new user account, the issue is related to the settings or files in your own account.

If you need help with a specific alert or issue, search the Apple Support website for the text of the alert. If the issue happens in only one app in your account, it might be related to one of that app's settings. Check the app's documentation or support website for help.

You can remove the new user account when you're done testing. Follow the steps for creating a new account, but click the Remove button (–) instead of the Add button (+). Before removing the account, make sure that you don't need any of the files or settings you created or copied in that account.

There is no "alert" or message with this - so what is my solution?

May 29, 2020 6:49 PM in response to Sorcerer2006

Are you running any anti - virus programs? Using a VPN?

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account.  Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer or by using the developer’s uninstall instructions. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once. Please post if this worked or not.

Safe Mode - About.    

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor.  Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown. If the log won’t post, try posting it in Pastebin and provide a link in a reply. After pasting the report in a PasteBin page, go to the top of the page, and copy the address in the URL bar. Paste that in a new reply.        Pastebin

Etrecheck – System Information

Web site version if required.  https://etrecheck.com

May 30, 2020 6:51 AM in response to Sorcerer2006

Hi Sorcerer2006,

Thanks for the detailed response. I see the issue is resolved in another user, which means something in your admin user could be causing the issue. I recommend reviewing this support article for how to protect your Mac from malware: Protect your Mac from malware

You can also use Malwarebytes to remove any potential malware.

After scanning and removing any potential malware, restart your machine and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Let us know what you find out!

Cheers!

May 30, 2020 9:22 PM in response to Eric Root

Ughhh....I hate to admit this but it was a Safari extension - Wikibuy - jeez - I can't believe I made such a stupid mistake. I don't even like that extension - it never gives me a discount solution - I was just thinking about getting rid of it for no value but why didn't I think about something like that to start? duh.

Well at least I learned how to use Etrecheck and Pastbin - that was good.

Thank you.

Safari 13.1.1 Can't Place an Order via Amazon for Whole Foods Market Delivery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.