Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop mail notifications in Monterey (OSX 12.1)

I've just updated to Monterey (OSX 12.1), and I normally have my mail notifications switched to off, in both notifications and in my Focus settings (in my work focus settings, I've removed mail from the apps that are allowed to give notifications), but I'm still getting the audible sound alert for each & every new email.

I have all of my mail notifications switched to off, and the app removed from my "work" settings under focus; what else can I do (apart from have mail closed?)

Mac Pro, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 6:10 PM

ZillaB wrote:

I've just updated to Monterey (OSX 12.1), and I normally have my mail notifications switched to off, in both notifications and in my Focus settings (in my work focus settings, I've removed mail from the apps that are allowed to give notifications), but I'm still getting the audible sound alert for each & every new email.

I have all of my mail notifications switched to off, and the app removed from my "work" settings under focus; what else can I do (apart from have mail closed?)

Mail>Preferences>General disable sound

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 6:10 PM in response to ZillaB

ZillaB wrote:

Mail>Preferences>General disable sound

Mail User Guide for Mac - Apple Support

How do I stop mail notifications in Monterey (OSX 12.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.