Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 5s

I was given the iPhone as a gift and I can't open it it's locked. It says I must enter the password and appleID

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 5:48 PM

Unless the person that gave it knows the Apple ID and password or can recover the Apple ID and password or has the original purchase receipt showing the serial number, your sole option is to recycle it.

if the person that gave it still has access to the Apple ID, then here is the recommended transfer procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2022 5:48 PM in response to Jeremzy_2022

Unless the person that gave it knows the Apple ID and password or can recover the Apple ID and password or has the original purchase receipt showing the serial number, your sole option is to recycle it.

if the person that gave it still has access to the Apple ID, then here is the recommended transfer procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

IPhone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.